Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a way to ensure my fundlist will not be lost?
The information for your fundlist is stored in a cookie file on your computer. There are a number of reasons you can lose your fundlist - deleting temporary internet files, upgrading software or changing Web browsers, using anti-virus software.
You can set up a fundlist using Globe Portfolio - this way the information for your fundlist is stored on our computers and will not be lost when you make changes to your computer system. Follow these steps:
- Click Portfolio on the green bar at the top of any globefund.com page. The User Login for Globe Portfolio screen appears.
- Click the New User Registration button. The User Registration screen appears.
- Fill in the registration form and click the Submit Registration button at the bottom.
- You will be prompted to enter a name for your portfolio. You can name it Fundlist if you like.
- Choose to Add Funds to your portfolio.
- You will be prompted to select a fund company and to choose the fund you wish to add to your portfolio. Next, you will be asked to enter the number of units owned. If you do not wish to track the number of units owned, click Portfolio Menu to return to the main page.
- Select Funds - Add New Funds to add additional funds to your portfolio.
- Click Portfolio on the globefund.com toolbar at the top of the screen to return to the Globe Portfolio main page.
- Under the Reports & Charts heading, click Fund Report. A report identical to the Fundlist report will be shown for the funds you have added to your portfolio.
Setting up your fundlist this way means that currently you cannot add indexes to your portfolio.
Click here to return to the
Help & Contact Us page.